The Covid -19 pandemic has changed the world in many ways. For one, it has increased the amount of time we spend indoors looking at our digital devices. The prolonged use of digital screens can lead to potential eye hazards such as Computer Vision Syndrome.
Yes we can’t survive without our gadgets like mobile phone, laptop and so on. So don't worry, we have computer glasses that are specially designed to limit the exposure to blue light from various digital devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, TVs, some light bulbs and even the sunlight.
These computer glasses offer protection to your eyes and can prevent eye strain caused by prolonged staring / looking at these digital devices. These glasses also protect your eyes as they function to reduce glare with a special type of coating on the lenses. So look good, feel good, with Specsmakers special range of eyeglasses, and take good care of your eyes without burning a hole in your pocket.
What is digital eye strain and how can you prevent it?
- Digital eye strain is a problem occurring globally and affects all working people. It can cause dryness, irritation, blurriness, headaches, insomnia and eye fatigue. It can also affect your posture and cause neck and shoulder problems due to these issues.
- The most common cause of digital eye strain is prolonged hours of sitting and working in front of a computer. People who suffer from this eye problem also face difficulty while working and can lead to a drop in productivity.
- Yet another symptom could be lack of sleep. Blue Light is built into our circadian rhythm to indicate daylight. So this prolonged use of digital devices and exposure to blue light changes the circadian rhythm and as a result our body does not get enough sleep.
How can we prevent this?
- Well for starters, use computer glasses or Blue Light blocking glasses.
- These Computer glasses are built to offer protection to your eyes and prevent Computer Vision Syndrome. The frames are designed to keep the eyeglasses lightweight so that you can wear them for long hours without feeling tired.
- They eliminate unwanted glare and reflections and reduce eye strain also can help enhance your focus so that you can remain more productive and your eyes feel less tired.
- In addition, follow the 20-20-20 rule and take regular breaks from the screen. You should optimally aim to take a break every 20 minutes, to look at an object 20 feet away and for 20 seconds. This can help benefit your eyes from the strain caused by CVS.
Some more benefits of computer glasses:
- Relieves eye discomfort, headaches and helps your eyes focus better.
- Help reduce glare and sleep better by reducing blue light exposure from digital devices.
- Helps in reducing CVS symptoms and preventing age-related macular degeneration.